Search This Blog

Thursday, February 03, 2011

Oil Pulling with Coconut Oil




I gave this a try for the first time tonight. Oil pulling is one of those things I had heard of but, hadn't really felt drawn to trying before. I've been struggling a lot with allergies to certain types of body sprays and perfumes again. The idea of oil pulling keeps coming up as something that is good for detoxing. I've been told that it can be helpful for people with allergies (as well as good for a host of other things). The woman in this video says to spit the oil into the trash but, I've read that it is fine to spit it into the toilet. After trying oil pulling for around 15 minutes my mouth felt refreshed and my sinuses unstuffed - so I'm going to keep at it awhile longer and see how it works for me. I'll post again in a few days with more information about it if I feel it is helping me.

Oil pulling is best to preformed in the morning before breakfast. Swishing is belived to activates enzymes and the enzymes draw toxins out of the blood. The oil must not be swallowed, for it has become toxic. If you are trying to heal yourself from something and want to try speeding up the process oil pulling can be repeated up to three times a day, but always before meals on an empty stomach.

4 comments:

Jackie said...

Hi , I am interested to find out how this is working for you .I just heard about it myself and I am hoping it will help cure my acne.

Berry Blue Toes said...

Hi Jackie,
I've only been at it a few days now but, so far what I'm noticing the most is that my sinuses clear every time I do it and that for the rest of the day my teeth feel like I've just been to the dentist for a cleaning. I have my parents and a few friends trying it as well - I'll post on what we are experiencing again in a few days. If you decide to start trying it please let me know if it helps with your acne :)

Jackie said...

Ok . I haven't started yet but do you suggest it be done first thing in the morning?

Berry Blue Toes said...

From what I've been reading - yes, it seems the best results come from when you do it first thing in the am on an empty stomach.