Search This Blog

Monday, February 21, 2011

Back at work...

 
Okay so I've been sick (really sick) for the past week and the week before that I was feeling cruddy trying to fight it off. When I woke up this morning I thought this is it we have to go to work today. Am I still sick - yes? Can I afford to be - no. It is hard when you know you should be in bed resting to have to keep going. I've missed 2 weeks of boxing and it is looking like tonight is out again. - boo stupid flu! My TCM recommended soaking my feet in hot water to draw the cold out of my head. He told me it is very important to keep your feet warm when you are sick. I've been using my magic mustard bath to bathe in since I've been feeling ill below is a variation on that to draw heat into your feet.

Head Cold Hot Foot Soak
  • medium basin of hot water (for feet)
  • 4 slices of fresh ginger
  • 2 tablespoons of powdered mustard
  • 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
Soak your feet in the hot water for as long as you can. Dry your feet well and remember to put on heavy socks when you are done to keep them warm.

No comments: